Friday, March 22, 2013

FAD DIETS... So Yesterday

There are so many fad and crash diets out there today that claim that they can all get you in the perfect shape. They claim  you will lose 10 lbs in a week, they will get you in the best shape of your life and so many other things.

I know that so many brides, and basically everybody, wants to look their best (especially on their wedding day).  I would love to tone up and get the best abs of my life, and to be honest I have thought about trying some of those "magic" pills, but I haven't because I know they are just lying and can actually hurt me.

So many people turn to these crash diets or diet pills hoping they will work but what so many people do  not know is that they can actually hurt you.


Crash diets can effect you in so many negative ways. Here are some of the harmful effects that these diets can lead to:

  • Heart Problems - According to Dr. Rosenfeld, MD, a professor of clinical medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, and author of the forthcoming "Doctor of the Heart: A Life in Medicine, a crash diet increases the risk of having a heart attack. This increased risk of a heart attack is due to the strain of your body trying to function without having enough calories. These crash diets can also lead to heart palpitations, dehydration and chest pain.  
  • Slow Metabolism - When on a crash diet, your BMR (Basal Metabolic Weight) will slow down, due to the lack of calories that you are taking in. 
The best way to be in the best shape and feel the best about yourself in my opinion is moderation and making simple healthy choices every single day, not just when a big event is coming up.
To be really honest, this is something that is kind of new to me.
I have always had food issues and always either ate to much or too little, never just the right amount. It really is something that I think you have to learn, and that most Americans today do not truly understand.

So here is what a normal day of eating looks like.

Breakfast: Green "Cake Batter" Smoothie

Snack: Handful of Veggie Straws

Lunch: Chicken and some Coca Powder Cottage Cheese

Dinner: Tortilla Pizza (with Turkey Pepperoni's and veggies), Rice Cake with Peanut Butter and

I do know that today I did miss out on a good amount of fruits and I still needed some more vegetables but everyday is a work in progress and no one has a "perfect" diet. We are all just working to be the healthiest we can be. :)




Disclaimer: I am no dietitian and will not say that this is what you should eat. My diet changes daily but here is just a look at what I feel like it is to be "Normal".

Questions: 

What does your daily diet look like? 

What do you think of Fad diets? Have any of them worked for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment