Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Recipes.. plus one created by me :)

Happy EASTER! 
It is such a wonderful time of year, the sun is starting to come out, flowers are blooming and Jesus is ALIVE. :) 

Spring is also a wonderful time to start eating healthy again. I know that I always WANT to eat clean and healthy this time of year, it is not a job or something I have to do. Usually during the winter I tend to want to eat sweets and things that make me warm, like pastas or soups, but now that it is getting warm, I want fresh foods that make me feel alive. It is almost like spring cleaning for you body, your body is being renewed day by day. 
This spring and summer I challenge you to start eating healthy. I promise it make you feel great and you  really start to not crave all the bad foods that make you feel bad. 
But remember healthy foods do not have to be boring, there are tons of great recipes to enjoy. I am always looking online for great new recipes to try out. 

One healthy recipe for springtime and Easter that I created is 
Almond Coconut Bars. 
These bars are so easy to make and also healthy and filled with good all natural food. This requires less than 10 mins of work and is AMAZING :) 


Serving size - 6 bars 

Ingredients:
1 cup of sweetened coconut
1/2 cup of raw almonds
1/4 cup of agave necter
2 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
dash of salt


Directions:
1. Crush almonds in food processor or magic bullet (what i used) 

2. Put all the other ingredients into the food processor and mix until throughly combined. 

3. Once the ingredients are all mixed, flatten the mix into small container and put into the refrigerator for around an hour (or until firm)
4. ENJOY! :) 



Some other great healthy recipes for treats that I have found online are: 





Please go check out this blog... it is full of great recipes. You will be amazed at how many delicious foods she has created that are healthy.  



And I also wanted to add in some low calorie options to eat your favorite easter treats (because you shouldn't have to give up your favorite easter treats... just eat them in moderation :) ) 

2 Bunny Peeps are only 65 calories 







1 Springtime Oreo is only 54 calories 





1 Lindt's Milk Chocolate Mini Lamb is only 50 calories 








All the fun treat calories came from Health.com

Questions: 
Do you like to eat healthy and clean this time of year? 
What is your favorite Easter treat?
Do you have a favorite Easter dish?






No comments:

Post a Comment